IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
During these very difficult times, you are not alone. Please reach out if you need help:
Addiction Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
Bullying Helpline: 1-888-456-2323
Distress Line: 780-482-4357
SAFFRON Centre Ltd: 780-449-0900
Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 780-423-4121
The Support Network: 211
Kids Help Line: 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health: 780-342-2701
Clover Bar Junior High School: 780-467-2295
Caregiver Series:March Sessions
Alberta Health Services, in collaboration with The Mental Health Foundation, is offers free online programming for parents and caregivers of children and youth. Sessions are offered through Zoom.
Topics include technology, mindfulness, understanding and supporting youth with depression, sleep, anxiety, promoting positive mental health and more. Schools are welcome to share information about the caregiver sessions on school calendars, in school newsletters and through social media. The list of March 2021 sessions is now available.
Alberta COVID 19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub
In addition to the mental health section below, please take time to check out the Alberta COVID_19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub. Alberta’s government partnered with the Kids Help Phone and Jack.org to create this hub where youth, educators and parents can find easy-to-access tools and supports.
Additionally, the youth-focused resources on this hub include:
- Jack Chapters – Youth-led, community-driven mental health advocacy clubs at schools or in the community.
- Jack Talks – Mental health presentations delivered to young people by young people.
- Jack Summits – Mental health conferences developed by youth, where young people within a region connect, strategize and learn from one another.
- Do Something – Tools to take small, simple steps that make a big difference to youth mental health and the mental health of others.
- Be There – Tools to support someone who may be struggling with their mental health.
Additional mental health resources available to support students, families and school staff:
- Student Learning Hub – in particular, Mental Health Supports for Parents, Guardians and Families;
- alberta.ca/COVID-19 info for Albertans;
- Help in Tough Times
Community Wi-Fi Hotspots
Family and Community Services offices are closed to visitors - we are still here for you by phone.
Family and Community Services is still available to assist you with parenting supports and other concerns related to finances, stress, relationships and others by phone.
Please call 780-464-4044 to speak to our team during regular operating hours times listed below:
- Mondays & Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
A podcast produced by Alberta Health Services on COVID-19: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/news/Page15434.aspx that you might find informative.