At this time, Clover Bar Junior High is busy planning for the next school year, and we are completing option registration for our returning grade 8 and 9 students. Incoming grade 7 registrations will be discussed at our open house on April 20th at 6:00 PM.
In April, students will review option choices and option forms in their Academic Counselling classes. During this time, your child will be asked to RANK their selections 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order of preference (1 is their first selection, 2 is their second, and so on.) They will need to make their top four choices for each group of options (Group A, B and C) for BOTH semesters – 1 and 2. Once this has been done, the option form will be sent home with each child for your review and signature. We ask that they be returned to the school as quickly as possible.
In addition to the instructions included on the option form, there is some additional information that may be helpful to you:
- Sport for Life students will receive the same amount of options as non-Sport for Life students. If your child is registered in the Sport for Life program, please ensure that this has been checked off on the top of the first page.
- Please ensure that you have carefully reviewed the fees associated with each option as fees will be required prior to participation in the course.
- We do our very best to ensure that student’s first and second selections are scheduled, while ensuring that we are maintaining manageable class sizes. Third and fourth selections will only be used if their first and second choices are not feasible. Please choose carefully, as we cannot guarantee that changing their selections will be possible later.
- Some classes may not be offered if the numbers are not sufficient to run a full class. This will mean that your student will be enrolled in a second or third choice option if at all possible.
- It is also a great idea to keep a record of your selections for your future reference.
Our Option Handbook and option forms are available on our website if you wish to access them there. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us in the office and we will be happy to assist you!