Visualize, then plan.
Play the story out in your mind.
Identify the problem, and the main event related to it.
Jot down a few ideas about your main character.
What will happen after the event? How does it affect your character?
Keep it simple!
● Choose one main plot event and bring it to life.
● Focus on one character and only refer to others in passing
● If there are too many things happening, your reader may get lost
● Use similes and metaphors in ways that help the reader to picture the event
Consider your ending
● Make sure it resolves the storyline
● Evoke emotions
● Reveal a moral or lesson, but don’t state it explicitly
● Ensure it makes sense
● Avoid cliffhangers