Thank you to those who were able to attend our Council meeting. We continue to seek your feedback for the following:
- Optional courses and associated fees
- Noon hour supervision
- Field trips and associated fees
- Extracurricular activities
- Non-curricular travel (for example, ski trips and band camps)
- Non-curricular goods and services (for example, student union and yearbooks)
While I understand not all families were able to attend the meeting, it is still important we get as much input from the school community as possible. If you wish, please feel free to review the attached fees and submit your feedback to email@example.com prior to February 29, 2020.
School administration will then use this feedback to help determine fees for 2020-21, which will then be shared at the May school council meeting, posted to our website and shared via link through email.
Thank you sincerely.
Waiver of Fees
The fee waiver application deadline—for both school and transportation fees—is Dec. 15, 2018.
If it’s determined fees aren’t eligible to be waived, based on the submitted application, payment options may be made with the school’s administration or the director of Student Transportation.
School Fee Refund Statement
Students who leave their school prior to the end of the school year or semester shall be refunded school fees (excluding activity or extracurricular fees) on a prorated basis.
One of the following statements regarding refunds will be outlined on each activity or event when the fees are assessed:
- Refunds will be issued when students are unable to participate in this activity.
- Refunds are available for the registration portion only. The cost of busing cannot be refunded.
- We are unable to issue refunds for this activity due to fixed costs.
If a student is not able to participate in an activity and a refund or partial refund is available, it is the responsibility of the parent to contact the school to have the applicable portion of the fee removed from their account.
A student registered for an optional course—where a substantial amount of the course is related to activities—is not eligible to be refunded and is responsible for any related outstanding fees if the student is not able to participate or chooses not to participate in the activity.
School fee refunds and credits on accounts will be applied in the following order:
- Payment of outstanding fees
- Left on account for future fees
- Transferred to sibling fees, on request
- By cheque